Sunday, January 21, 2007

Lighthouses

You weren’t old enough for the World War, were you, John? No, of course not. You would have been just a kid. I was. I was just ripe, and rarin’ to go. You know what my old man did when I joined up? He joined up, too! Got to be a sergeant. And here’s kick for you – We were in the same outfit! Funny, huh?

He was killed, John. I saw him get it. I was right there and I saw it with my own eyes. Me, I came out without a scratch.

But I’m a sucker for this country. I’m a sucker for The Star-Spangled Banner, and I’m a sucker for this country. I like what we got here! I like it! A guy can say what he wants and do what he wants, without a bayonet shoved through his belly. And that’s all right, huh?

You betcha.

Well, we don’t want anyone coming around changing that, do we?

No sir.

No sir!

When they do, I get mad. I get boiling mad, and right now, John, I’m sizzling. I get mad for a lot of others guys besides myself. I get mad for a guy named Washington. And a guy named Jefferson. And Lincoln. Lighthouses, John - Lighthouses in a foggy world.

Meet John Doe, written by Richard Connell and Robert Presnell

1 comment:

JoeBlogs said...

Nice site, good script.